Nanoimprint Lithography is a method to efficiently replicate micro- and nanostructures. This is done by pressing a nanostructured stamp into a soft (UV-curable) polymer on a substrate. While the stamp is in contact with the substrate, the material is cured by e.g. UV-irradiation and then the stamp is removed, resulting in a nanostructured hard material on the substrate. An imprint with micro- or nanostructures is suitable to modify the friction behavior of a surface dramatically. A recent research focus at PROFACTOR is to apply micro and nanostructures for flow optimization on freeform surfaces of ceramic 3D printed parts for heart pumps.
PROFACTOR is a private, applied research company located in Steyr. We conduct research in the field of industrial assistive systems and additive micro/nano manufacturing. Our team consists of around 70 employees from 15 different academic fields. We work across disciplines to find solutions for the manufacturing industry and set standards in robotics, machine vision, simulation, 3D printing, functional surfaces and nanostructures.
The goals of this thesis are
- to investigate basic processes for the replication of micro- and nanoscale feature on freeform surfaces by using ceramic based materials.
- to investigate different materials for imprinting and characterize their mechanical properties (AFM, profilmeter, scratch resistance,…)
- to develop an reliable imprint process on freeform surfaces
We are looking for
Motivated students with a hands-on mentality in the field of physics, nanotechnology, material science, chemistry or similar studies
- the possibility to work in cutting edge R&D projects with renowned industrial partners
- flexible working hours
- the chance to be part of a young, interdisciplinary and cooperative team
Start / Duration
Now / 6 months (extendable depending on performance)
PROFACTOR’s research improves the competitiveness of European industry. We are pioneers of the thinking production. We bring production back home.
We offer for master thesis a compensation of min. 515 EUR per month.
We are always available for questions! Just contact:
DI Dr. Michael Mühlberger (Functional Surfaces), +43 7252 885 – 253