3D modeling of work spaces, objects and components, as well as the digital detection of objects are of vital importance for a flexible production.
PROFACTOR over the years of development, has brought such software modules to the commercial market. These standalone modules can be used for a wide variety of tasks on various commercially available off the shelf hardware.
These solutions enable computer-based perception and operator guidance in an industrial context.
The PROFACTOR proprietary development Candelor recognizes CAD-defined objects in “noisy” environments – for example in unsorted crates.
The solution allows a wide range of applications in the industry:
- Bin Picking
- Robotic: Screwing and Handling assistance
- Completeness monitoring
- Visualization: together with Augmented Reality solutions
The advantages of this PROFACTOR solution:
- Sensor Independence
- Flexibility: Performance versus Repeatability is configurable
- Standalone testing with the help of graphical user interface
A tool for real-time 3D tracking (in high frequency) is currently under development.
PROFACTOR develops projection-based systems (Spatial Augmented Reality) that illuminate work surfaces, components or interesting regions of the component. By combining intelligent perception technologies, even moving components are no obstacle.
This technology is used, for example, as the basis for
- Assembly assistance systems (i.e. work plan as projection)
- Manual quality inspection
- Manual insertion processes
The PROFACTOR proprietary development ReconstructMe models workspaces, people, objects and assembly parts in real-time. The software is thus the basis for various industrial and commercial applications:
- Assistive robotics
- Construction Plants
- Accident Forensics
The advantages of this PROFACTOR-solution:
- Hardware independence: all standard RGBD sensors (i.e. 3D cameras) can be used.
- Application independence: A software development toolkit is available and is configurable for further development.
- Texturing: The vertices of the model are fused with the color information resulting in a common 3D model. This makes color models possible.
- Intelligent filling: Non-observable “occluded” points are intelligently filled by the algorithm.
- Export: The data can be exported to popular CAD formats.
The system developed by PROFACTOR takes human motion sequences into account in industrial assistance systems. Using 2D camera technology, it digitizes ( anonymously ) the human skeleton in the dynamic workflow at the workplace in space and time.
This allows workflows in unstructured environments to be analyzed and optimized. In addition to other areas of application, the individual physical stress factors for the employee (ergonomics) can also be examined. The system can also be used for logistical challenges (e.g. triggering the transport of goods).