Functional surfaces are a prerequisite for innovative products. PROFACTOR realizes structuring in different size ranges. Dimensions from a few µm to a few nanometers are easily possible with the existing solutions.
Examples of applications are:
- Optics µm: Micro-optical lenses
- Optics nm: Anti-reflective structures
- Life Science:”Lab on a chip” structures
- Decoration: Textured colours
- Security: Holograms as protection against counterfeiting
PROFACTOR accompanies its customers and partners through the entire innovation process:
- Material and technology selection
- Structure selection and master order
- Imprint/replication attempts
- Production of prototypes
- Transfer to serial production
In years of research – for example in the projects of the NILaustria I and II clusters – PROFACTOR has acquired its expertise for the use of micro- and nanostructuring technologies in industrial practice.
PROFACTOR has made two significant advances in the field of nanoimprint lithography (NIL), which is already well established in the market.
- NIL on curved surfaces: by means of flexible punch
- Roll-to-Plate NIL: for structuring larger surfaces.
The texturing of surfaces with metallic elements is based on lift-off technology and the use of lift-off lacquers.
Examples of applications:
- Gold and silver electrodes
- Transistor and photodetector structures
- Production of graphene structures