3D modeling of work spaces, objects and components, as well as the digital detection of objects are of vital importance for a flexible production.
PROFACTOR over the years of development, has brought such software modules to the commercial market. These standalone modules can be used for a wide variety of tasks on various commercially available off the shelf hardware.
These solutions enable computer-based perception and operator guidance in an industrial context.
The PROFACTOR proprietary development ReconstructMe models workspaces, people, objects and assembly parts in real-time. The software is thus the basis for various industrial and commercial applications:
- Assistive robotics
- Construction Plants
- Accident Forensics
The advantages of this PROFACTOR-solution:
- Hardware independence: all standard RGBD sensors (i.e. 3D cameras) can be used.
- Application independence: A software development toolkit is available and is configurable for further development.
- Texturing: The vertices of the model are fused with the color information resulting in a common 3D model. This makes color models possible.
- Intelligent filling: Non-observable “occluded” points are intelligently filled by the algorithm.
- Export: The data can be exported to popular CAD formats.
The PROFACTOR proprietary development Candelor recognizes CAD-defined objects in “noisy” environments – for example in unsorted crates.
The solution allows a wide range of applications in the industry:
- Bin Picking
- Robotic: Screwing and Handling assistance
- Completeness monitoring
- Visualization: together with Augmented Reality solutions
The advantages of this PROFACTOR solution:
- Sensor Independence
- Flexibility: Performance versus Repeatability is configurable
- Standalone testing with the help of graphical user interface
A tool for real-time 3D tracking (in high frequency) is currently under development.
Both technologies are used as building blocks for the development of assistive systems:
- Spatial Augmented Reality
- Visualization medium of 3D and 2D sensors, data glasses, etc.
- Gesture and Activity recognition