Following the successful conclusion of the first open call, 10 projects worth (just over) €1 million were awarded in June 2021.
Now the second open call launches this week with €2.2million of funding available (call closes on 1st October 2021 @ 17:00 CET).
The offer for successful project applicants:
- Funding of between €50-€150k for each project
- The freedom to exploit project outputs across your business (with some restrictions). ZDMP does not take equity
- Between 15-20 SME/startups will be chosen to share in the €2.2 million total grant pool for Call 2
- The opportunity to develop new, working relationships with businesses in the Industry4.0 domain
- Access to a new sales channel through the ZDMP Marketplace
- Support throughout the application process.
Projects can be run virtually so companies can join from anywhere within the EU, UK, and associated countries and applications are welcomed from technology SMEs and manufacturers and can either be individual bids or consortiums of two (although always led by an SME).
Applicants are asked to bid for sub-projects in the following 3 areas:
- Sub-projects for the development of: Design-time / Run-time digital manufacturing applications, components and services; new AI/Machine Learning solutions and new algorithms; developing/extending ZDMP applications and services into new domains.
- Sub-projects to improve the ZDMP ecosystem by integrating existing 3rd Party applications, components and/or platforms, or integrating ZDMP applications or components with 3rd Party processes in new domains.
Sub-projects for functional, scenario and technical validation and/or performance or usability testing of ZDMP applications (zApps) and components in ‘real-world’ manufacturing contexts.