Nanoimprint Lithography is a method to replicate nanostructures on large area. This is done by pressing a nanostructured stamp into a soft (UV-curable) polymer on a substrate. While the stamp is in contact with the polymer, the material is cured by e.g. UV-irradiation and then the stamp is removed, resulting in a nanostructured hard polymer on the substrate. For mass fabrication, the stamp can be a roller and the substrate can be a large glass plate. At PROFACTOR we are working with a UV-based roll-to-plate nanoimprint tool to fabricate different kinds of micro- and nanostructures.
In this field, we offer two master theses related to a funded project at PROFACTOR, the multiLINK project.
- Thesis I: the focus of the first thesis is on preparing large area visually stitch free printing plates for the tool and using them to do nanoimprint lithography.
- Thesis II: In the second thesis the single pass inkjet printing system installed at the tool should be used to selectively deposit material on predefined positions on the substrate
The goals of thesis I are:
- to prepare the large area printing plates for the R2P NIL process
- to use the printing plates for nanoimprinting using material deposition either by inkjet printing or slot die coating
- to characterize printing plates and imprints
The goals of thesis II are:
- to replicate both nano- and microscale features on large areas (e.g DIN A4).
- to prepare the printing plates for the processes
- to use the inkjet system to selectively deposit material on selected positions
We are looking for
Motivated students with a hands-on mentality in the field of nanotechnology, physics, material science, chemistry or similar studies, with experience in chemical lab work and work in a cleanroom
Start / Duration
Now / 6 months
PROFACTOR’s research improves the competiveness of European Industry. We are pioneers of the thinking production. We bring production back home.
We offer for master thesis a compensation of min. 430 EUR per month.
Fragen? Melden Sie sich bei:
Tel: +43 7252 885 253