Master thesis – Team Functional Surfaces and Nanostructures
Polyurethane (PU) is a material with a wide range of applications in the textile industry, but current PU coating processes, mainly developed for large-scale production, do not allow easy customization and individualization and generate much waste. Going digital into the deposition of PU on textiles will allow individualization of designs, more flexibility of production and more sustainable fabrication with no waste thanks to an additive manufacturing approach.
PROFACTOR is working for making the digitalization of PU coating on textile possible.
PROFACTOR is a private, applied research company located in Steyr. We conduct research in the field of industrial assistive systems and additive micro/nano manufacturing. Our team consists of around 70 employees from 15 different academic fields. We work across disciplines to find solutions for the manufacturing industry and set standards in robotics, machine vision, simulation, 3D printing, functional surfaces and nanostructures.
The goals of this master thesis are
- to develop formulations and processes for the digital deposition of PU elements on textile.
- to investigate different digital deposition technologies including dispensing, valve-based and piezoelectric inkjet printing.
- to adapt these deposition technologies for coating of 3D textiles or 3D objects employing robots.
We are looking for
Motivated students with a hands-on mentality in the field of chemistry, physics, nanotechnology, material science, engineering or similar studies.
- the possibility to work in cutting edge R&D projects with renowned industrial partners
- flexible working hours
- the chance to be part of a young, interdisciplinary and cooperative team
Now / 6 months
PROFACTOR’s research improves the competitiveness of European Industry. We are pioneers of the thinking production. We bring production back home.
We offer for master thesis a compensation of 450,- EUR per month.