The industry is dependent on robotic solutions that can not only cope with new variants of a task in a flexible manner, but can also fulfill a wide range of tasks. The flexible robot should tackle tasks such as handling, screwing and inspection – with minimal conversion and configuration effort. The XRob system developed by PROFACTOR fulfills these requirements and is used in industry.
PROFACTOR solutions for flexible robotics can be applied both on conventional robots and also on cooperative machines. The solutions for the industry can be summarized in the following way:
With its partners, PROFACTOR develops customized pilot plants and prototypical plants for the evaluation of the latest robotic technologies. The range extends from feasibility studies to real systems – which are implemented and realized together with experienced system integrators.
The software solutions from PROFACTOR for a flexible robot, are already installed in industrial applications. Industrial requirements define the following specifications:
- Speed: The reconfiguration – both for new tasks and for new variants – should take place in a time that is in line with a volatile production. The PROFACTOR-solution XRob for example, requires a changeover time of just one minute per screwing-point.
- Easy to use: The applications developed are used by operators in the production line. Therefore, the design of user interfaces should be intuitive.
- System Complexity: There should be a common portal for a combined process automation of the robot manipulator, controller, sensors and tools. Such parameterization of an entire process is made possible by the software modules. This means that distribution to control systems and accessories is a thing of the past.
- Versatility: Analogous to process-oriented thinking, the differentiation of a robot’s task does not play a vital role anymore. Teaching the robot about handling, screwing or inspection tasks are carried out on a single system.
At PROFACTOR, the proprietary development XRob stands as representative for answering these challenges. The XRob system can be understood as both a software module and as a mobile robotic platform, which is constantly developed further.
- Universal Robots
For its solutions, PROFACTOR uses tools that have been developed to solve problems in robotics and beyond.
- ReconstructMe – 3D-Modelling, Work space Modeling
- Candelor – 3D-Object Recognition
- Offline and online Robot path planning without collision
- Coverage Planning –Robot path planning
The focus is acceptance
PROFACTOR is aware of the fact that flexible machines and systems such as the XRob, which are cooperative with humans, are dependent on the acceptance of the workers on the assembly line. PROFACTOR also explores the acceptance of such assistance systems in its own projects. >> AssistMe